100% hand knitted / special edition for dua-shop! A cable with a socket and a screwed-in light bulb – Pierre Kracht focuses on the essential parts in his design and utilizes the cable to knit a lamp shade. To master that stubborn cable, Pierre Kracht reflects traditional craftsmanship: three-dimensionally shaped surfaces, manufactured by impressive large wooden knitting needles, develop an own aesthetic sense and distinctive charm with their bulky grace and exceptional haptics. Each lamp turns into a unique specimen through this manufacturing process – no Käte is like the other. Differing colours are possible by request.
- colour: grey
- material: 50 meters PVC-cable
- measurements: H40 x W35 x D35 cm
- light bulb: E 27, max. 60 Watts
- energy class: this luminaire is compatible with bulbs of the energy classes A++, A+, A, B, C, D, E
- design: Pierre Kracht
- photographer: Frank Lösing
- manufacturer: Pierre Kracht
- dua special edition, 2012
Pierre Kracht has a diploma in Design. He lives and workes in Dortmund, where he studied, too. His poetic »non-furniture« are far from a mainstream character. He combines craftsman techniques with industrial materials. Currently he is experimenting with materials like glass fibre and carbon.