The Blasted KL1 lamp is cut out of one single piece of wood to make as clean and simple a shape as possible. There’s no cutting or gluing the wood together.
The glass-blasted treatment of the wood is where the lamp takes its name from.
Kai Linke was also thinking about what a flying branch would look like if it could be suspended in the air. He wanted to explore unexpected gravity. Can wood find a balance where normally no balance exists? The result is an asymmetrical pendant lamp.
- materials: Russian Pine, acrylic, aluminium
- dimensions: H 60 mm x L 805 mm x W 60 mm
- colours: natural pine, black
- light source: 1x T5 (PK5) 549 mm, Max 14 W / 2700K
- design: Kai Linke
- year: 2011
- since 2016 available at dua-shop